On the website https://digit-h2020.eu (hereinafter, the Website), cookies are used to allow statistics on the visitors. The cookies could also be used to identify and solve problems to improve our Website.
What are cookies?
Cookies are files recorded in the browser used by visitors of the Website, so that the server can remember the visit of that user later when he returns to access the Website contents. This information does not reveal user identity or any personal data or access the content stored on user’s PC, however it does allow the system to identify the user as a specific user who has previously visited the website, viewed certain pages, etc. It also allows users to save personal preferences and technical information.
A classification of cookies, based on a series of categories, is shown below.
According to the entity that manages them
- Own cookies are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself;
- Third-party cookies are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that needs to process the data.
According to the period of validity
- Session cookies are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page;
- Persistent cookies are the ones in which the data is stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookies.
According to their purpose
- Technical cookies allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it;
- Personalization cookies allow the user to access a service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal;
- Advertising cookies permit the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page;
- Behavioural advertising cookies extend the previous definition including storing information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, thus developing a specific profile to display advertising based on it;
- Analysis cookies permit the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites; the information collected through this type of cookies is used in measuring the activity of the websites, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
Most browsers are configured by default to block the installation of advertising cookies or third parties on your computer. The user can extend the restrictions of origin, preventing the entry of any type of cookie, or eliminate those restrictions, thus accepting the entry of any type of cookies. If you are interested in admitting advertising or third-party cookies, you can configure your browser for this purpose.
The acceptance made by the user, by clicking on the AGREE button shown in the popup cookies, implies that you are expressly consenting to the person responsible for its use. In addition, the users can exercise their rights and revoke their consent at any time, through request to Project contact.
The Cookies Policy could be updated in the Website; therefore, it is recommendable to review this policy for each access, in order to be properly informed about how and why the cookies are used.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
For requests and information, you can contact: